Army Aviation Center FCU Scholarship Program
Army Aviation Center Federal Credit Union (AACFCU) is now accepting applications from 2014 graduating high school seniors for its scholarship program. Ten $1,000 scholarships will be given away to 10 deserving high school seniors from the AACFCU service area. AACFCU has 18 branches in Southeast Alabama, Florida’s Emerald Coast and the Mobile Bay Area.
Our Application Deadline: March 21, 2014
Download the instructions and Scholarship Application form (PDF format) here or pick it up at any of our 18 branches. If you need more space than provided on the form, you may attach separate sheets of paper. PLEASE SUBMIT NEATLY TYPED PAGES ONLY. Mail ALL required attachments with your completed application form. Any application forms received without all required attachments will be ineligible.
Send all materials to:
Army Aviation Center Federal Credit Union
Attn: Scholarship Committee
P.O. Drawer 8
Daleville, AL 36322
Entries postmarked after March 21, 2014 will be ineligible. Students selected as scholarship recipients will be notified by May 23, 2014.
- You must be a member of Army Aviation Center Federal Credit Union and a U.S. citizen.
- All required attachments must be submitted with your completed application form.
Selection Criteria: Applications will be selected based on:
- Scholastic achievement (I.E. AP/Honors classes, grade point average, SAT or ACT scores)
- Character and leadership (I.E. extra-curricular involvement, honors, awards, achievements, personal references)
- Essay responses (communication skills, personal insight)
- Please include all of the following with our completed application form. Any application forms that are submitted without these required attachments will be ineligible. Due to the large volume of applications submitted, if any of the information is missing your application is automatically ineligible.
- Copy of high school transcript with your GPA, honors/AP classes, and SAT or ACT scores noted.
- Two letters of recommendation. One letter from a teacher or school administrator and one letter from a personal reference (non-relative). Each letter must have the reference’s name, address and phone number. References should include how they have known you and in what context. References should not be related to you by blood or marriage.
- A copy of the college acceptance letter from an accredited four-year college. This scholarship is only for students planning to attend a four-year institution.
Additional Requirements/Final Judging Round
If you are selected to the final judging round, you will be notified and asked to verify the facts stated in your application by providing the following materials:
- current, official high school transcripts with school seal, including SAT or ACT scores
- an acceptance letter to an accredited four-year college