Many of you have seen the information on the Equifax breach. AACFCU wants to assure you that your personal information is secure with the Credit Union. There are several safe guards you can take to protect yourself.
- Regularly request free credit reports at www.annualcreditreport.com.
- Inspect all financial account statements for accuracy and dispute unauthorized charges immediately.
- You can implement a credit lock or freeze on existing credit files through the credit bureaus: Equifax, Trans Union, Experian. If you believe an AACFCU account has fraud, contact us immediately.
- Monitor potential credit activity in the names of any children.
- Don't open emails or attachments from anyone you don't know.
- Before you open an email, verify the email address is from the correct sender.
Lastly, remember AACFCU will never ask you to verify account information via email.